Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Friday, July 29, 2011
So putting her to bed I buckled and just gave her a bottle of milk to make my life easier and so that was our solution most days/nights, but I knew at some point we would have to wean her off this habit.
Last Friday night I invited my friend Kim over for a scrap night and being that it was the weekend I was prepared for a few sleepless nights if necessary to wean her off the milk. So putting her to bed at her normal bed time 7pm, we were sitting on the lounge have a nibble on some pizza and we both see a little shadow at the bottom of the stairs, she had escaped the CHILDPROOF gate, kicked it out and it just popped open, she popped her head around the corner with a cheeky smile and came wandering in like nothing had happened.
Well a lot had happened, the stairs in our house are death defying, steep and tight corner with a really narrow part on the inside, not a very practical handrail and she snuck down without so much as a whisper.
So putting her back to bed re-securing the gate and then locking our 2nd gate at the top of the stairs and I think after the trauma to me I gave her milk and then it was all quiet.
Later in the week Jamie woke at 5am to get ready for work, wandered down stairs and then clicked on the gas heater in the loungeroom and bam, Ella jumps up from her little lounge. We have no idea what time she got down the stairs or what she had been doing when she was down their alone, but again freaked me out.
After dressing her 1 morning I put her on the ground in her room and watched how she made her great escape, she sat on the floor tucked both her toes under the gate, lifted it up and pop it came open, I was astounded, so now when we put her to bed we have to lock her bedroom door until she is asleep and then we open it. Every morning this week (all around 5am) she has made a quick and easy exit from her bedroom and apart from her escapade downstairs (when we forgot to lock the other gate) she comes in to our room and makes sure we know she is up.
Tonight Jamie put her to bed and I hear a horrible scream, she had opened her wardrobe (which must have been only slightly open) and got stuck between her tallboy and the wall of the wardrobe. OMG what will she do next, I think she is giving me more wrinkles.
On a positive note, we have replaced the bedtime milk with just water in a bottle, milk is only allowed in sippy cups and water is allowed in bottles any time day or night, it was time to change things up.
I just hope her week of escaping is over and she gets back in her routine of sleeping til 6-7.
Sunday, July 24, 2011
Hope you all enjoy.
|Was trying to use old stock and utilised a leftover sheet of Basic Grey tags.|
|I have had this kit in my stash for a very long time and had barely looked at it, once I did I realised I could do something with it, and was quite happy with the results. Also used another new Sew Easy head with the stitched hearts on top.|
|Used some of my stash from Storyboard Kits including some of the tissue paper that was packaging to make the flowers. Also love this picture of my baby, she was just so tired but I had to get a picture of the 2 of us on Mothers Day.|
|Love the colours on this layout also love the photos by Beth Tahiri Photography.|
|Like most people I don't love having my photo taken but as a scrapbooker I know life has to be documented for future generations. I love this family photo. Another layout using the Sew Easy tool by We R Memory Keepers (its not hard to tell what is my new toy).|
|I thought I was a genious fussy cutting these cotton reels to make bunting (small things amuse me, lol).|
|Love this pic of my naughty girl, she has a little bit too easy access to my craft area and located a Green Sharpie from my desk, very creative drawing I think.|
|Used my new Sew Easy head which I used to stitch this bunting, also filled it with paper to make it more colourful.|
Friday, July 1, 2011
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
1. I will never yell at my children in public, I will never have to; they’ll be so well behaved - I don't yell I just speak in a pleasant affirming voice.
2. My children will never leave the house in mismatched clothes or with a snotty nose - only mismatched when daddy takes her out, but that snotty nose is like a tap that won't turn off.
3. I’ll never frustrate the childless and take my children out to restaurants - we have dined out often since she was born and thankfully she has only tossed 1 plate on the floor like we were in a Greek restaurant, but there have been many times whe have got the hell out without finishing our meals.
4. I’ll lose my pregnancy plump easily because I’ll keep up my exercise schedule – after all, my baby will sleep through the night so I’ll have energy - currently losing weight and baby is currently sleeping 11-12 hours. This has not been the case all the time, there have been many sleepless nights but mostly good.
5. I won’t get plump when pregnant because I’ll adhere to a strict healthy, balanced diet. Blah, I put on a blossoming 22kgs, mostly in the last 3 months.
6. I’ll never bribe my children - I already do it all the time.
7. I will be able to go to the toilet with the door closed/have a conversation without being interrupted/go back to work after 6 weeks because babies sleep all day and toddlers are easily amused – at least mine will be - no comment, except to say I was back working after 6 weeks, in hindsight that was the easy time.
8. The TV will not be used as a babysitter - its not the TV that is the babysitter, it's the Wiggles, they are real people.
9. My children will never have tantrums in public, or at all for that matter - modern day its not called tantrums, its called planking, and it happens all the time.
10. My children will adjust to fit into my life, not the other way around - minor modifications required, oh who am I kidding there have been major modifications.
11. I’ll never resort to a dummy - thankfully this is the 1 I we have succeeded with.
12. My children will spend most of their days playing outside, not in front of a computer - so far so good, she loves the outdoors.
13. My children will not be branded by Disney - its not Disney its Special Agent Oso.
14. I will never have to pretend to eat in order to encourage baby to eat - she is a shocking eater, currently going through a really bad phase, relapsed into whinging for milk, gone off eating vegetable, does eat lots of fruit, won't even eat her favourites such as Lasagne, noodles etc.Time to fix the broken baby or is it the broken Parents, time to read the parenting bible and get the discipline back on track. Time for change.
Thursday, May 5, 2011
I got snotty cuddles this morning, gross but cute, she loves me lots more when she is sick, then she must have started to feel better because she danced to the Wiggles, so cute I hit the rewind button and played the song again so I could giggle and video while she danced again. This is just a few of the adorable moments we had today, so I do hope that it is Groundhog Day again tomorrow.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
It is very fitting that I scrapped this layout this week and thought I would share it.
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Well tonight I have just updated my Blog design and layout and title photo, I wanted to simplify and make it more of a classic look.
I had been trying to ramp up my exercise, seeing my trainer twice a week plus doing workouts at home, cycling and occasional swimming, that all stopped last Monday after I took a tumble down the stairs bouncing on my butt down about 5-6 stairs, it was 1.30 am and Ella woke up and I headed downstairs to get her a bottle of water, needless to say I was in a screaming heap halfway down the stairs, at the time I thought I hurt my thumb the worst, bending it backwards to stop me from falling, however upon waking in the morning I realised that my airbags had not deployed and my tailbone was excruciatingly painful. After a visit to the Doc, he established that it could be broken, it could be ligament damage but either way there was not a lot that can be done and therefore an Xray would be pointless. He told me no exercise for 3 months which was devastating, however a week after my fall I am feeling a little better and will assess my pain in a few weeks to perhaps start back with some light exercise.
Ella is now 1.5 yrs old, we measured her height and she is now 78cm tall, she is still tiny and only just fully outgrown her OO size clothes, I keep buying her size 1's thinking she will grow into them but they fall off her, she is slow growing at the moment. I think part of her problem is she is too busy to eat, can't stop playing for food, I am not too concerned the last check-up with the Doc was all good.
Jamie has been working ridiculous hours, sometimes over 60 per week (on the payroll) plus all the non-paid hours spent doing emails, reports and downloading photos and video footage. He has been exhausted, getting up at 4am and sometimes not getting home til after 7pm. He is off on Holiday to Thailand next week for 1 of his best mates Weddings so he will hopefully get some time to relax and enjoy not working.
We managed to have a little bit of family time over the weekend, catching up with our friends Cindy, Jeremy and their little boy Brae who is a couple of months younger than Ella, we joke that they will be getting married when they are older. We had a few nibbles and beverages and a lot of laughs. We also had brunch with my parents and saw Jamie's parents several times over the weekend including Easter Sunday for Ella's 1st Easter Egg Hunt, she was very cute carrying her little basket around.
I am about to increase my work days to 4 per week, the only condition is Ella is coming to work with me on a Thursday and Nanny is going to mind her, we will trial this over the next few months to see how this goes.
Oh and how could I forget that I attended GREAT FRIDAY at Scrapbooking Delights, a full day of scrapbooking, I got there at about 11.30am and after chatting for about an hour I finally started to get my mojo and ended up completing 5 layouts. Here are a couple that I did.